Re: beginner

From: Richard Morris (Richard.Morris@brunel.ac.uk)
Date: 11/20/00-05:45:31 AM Z

Mark Power

Basically the cyanotype process is a printing process whilst pinhole
cameras are for negs. The cyanotype process is very slow. Everything is
worth a try but as far as I know nobody, even historically, has used it in
a camera. It can be used to print either from negatives or placing leaves,
feathers etc directly onto the paper.

There are a number of books, articles etc around on the cyanotype. If you
get stuck let me know personally. Silverprint in London sell the chemicals
needed for both the original process or Mike Ware's modrern version.

Richard Morris
Historical Group RPS

On Mon, 20 Nov 2000 11:35:11 +0000 MARK POWER <mpower@coventry.ac.uk> wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> I have to admit most of the alt process mail goes toatally over my
> head. I'm just beginning and would like advice on the best ways to
> combine pinhole and cynatype prcessing? I've read that the two don't
> always mix that well. Please help!
>
> Mark, England

Richard Morris
Brunel University, UK