Cyanotype as negative (was Re: beginner)

From: Sil Horwitz (silh@earthlink.net)
Date: 11/20/00-10:31:45 AM Z

At 2000/11/20 02:21 PM +0100, Andre Fuhrman wrote:

>As to using cy as recording material in a pinhole camera (the original
>question): that strikes me fairly masochistic indeed. But then, why not?

Why masochistic? Easy, very easy. You load the camera (can be a big box
with a pinhole at the opposite end of the paper) put in on a support, and
just let it sit in its position for (say) 12 hours! You don't have to sit
with it!

Fox-Talbot made his first negatives in that manner, with salted paper,
though he did use specially made boxes and lenses. He just placed the boxes
around his grounds and examined them once in a while until they look
"cooked" to the right density.

Sil Horwitz, FPSA
Technical Editor, PSA Journal
teched@psa-photo.org