Re: Some new imagery! - Feedback

Cactus Cowboy wrote:

> Nastiness?!!  C'mon Jill, you've got to be kidding!
>
> Look again (or for the first time if that's the case) at the photos in
> question on the POV website:
>
> http://www.p-o-v-image.com/afiya4.htm
>
> and
>
> http://www.p-o-v-image.com/freyja4.htm
>
> I agree with Thor Bols.
>
> The afiya4.htm photos are marred by atrocious lighting (splotchy foliage
> shadows) and a distracting background.

Actually the splotchy lighting is intended to take advantage of the halation
effect in the IR...

> Both series of photos are uninspired
> and forgettable.  Does using infrared B&W film somehow make this stuff
> "art".  I think not.

Never presented it that way...

Never said the use of a particular technique or medium did so...

> Keith asked for feedback.  I don't know Keith, but I suspect that he's a big
> boy and can handle the criticism.

Criticism is fine..

> So what's the problem?

However, I will draw the line between criticism and an outright attack...

What you don't know here Cowboy, can get you killed...

In this case, there is a long history of attacks on me by Thor...  Which at one
point, got so out of hand that I, myself, went well "over the top" in
response...

Here's a snippet from last time, back in May...

Followed by some May posts:

Thor Bols wrote:

> That's my point, bozo.  I only use MIS inks because the Epson stuff has
> no
> longevity.

or

Thor Bols wrote:

> In answer to your original question, in my experience, older (non 1270)
> Epson color inks begin to fade almost immediately.  I've had an print
> made
> with archival inks (from MIS) hanging in direct sun for 6 months now,
> however, with no fading.  But refilling with archival inks is a major
> hassle.
>
> For the best information on Epson, you may wish to consider subscribing
> REALLY
> know their stuff.  Certainly, they are infinitely more capable than Keith
>
> Krebs, who has repeatedly shown himself to be clueless on ALL topics.

I don't think I am asking too much here...

Just a bit of respect and civility...
.

Keith Krebs

--
{           For the latest on the 1270/870/875DC Orange-Shift Issue          }
{                 Head to http://www.p-o-v-image.com/epson/    or            }