Re: Some new imagery! - Feedback

"Editor P.O.V. Image Service" wrote:

> Thor Bols wrote:
>
> > In answer to your original question, in my experience, older (non 1270)
> > Epson color inks begin to fade almost immediately.  I've had an print
> > made
> > with archival inks (from MIS) hanging in direct sun for 6 months now,
> > however, with no fading.  But refilling with archival inks is a major
> > hassle.
> >
> > For the best information on Epson, you may wish to consider subscribing
> > REALLY
> > know their stuff.  Certainly, they are infinitely more capable than Keith
> >
> > Krebs, who has repeatedly shown himself to be clueless on ALL topics.

And to add a note here...

Back in May, Thor was questioning my position on the EPSON orange-shift
issue...

I was being attacked..

Called a "bozo" and "clueless"...

Well, guess what?

Guess who was right?

The EPSON 1270/870/and 875DC inksets are seriously flawed...

CNN.com carried a report on it at:

http://www.cnn.com/2000/TECH/computing/09/14/epson.image.fading.idg/index.html

Even Epson USA's own VP admits it at:

http://macweek.zdnet.com/cgi-bin/storyforums/storyforums/_2000_09_03_0908colorgeek/forum.pl?read=86

I got pilloried on here for my views..  Then I am proven right and Thor
begins
personal attacks again..

This time in a vein in which there never is a "wrong" or "right"...

I wrote the guy offlist last time trying to mend fences and prevent any
future
outbreaks of this kind of nastiness...

I received not one note back...

If that's the posse you want to ride with Cowboy, be my guest...

But there is a huge difference between honest critique and outright
rudeness and personal attack...

Your own commentary falls into the "critique" category, as  you cite
specifics, etc...  Thor's comments are personal attack..

If you want to defend his comments as appropriate commentary.. I don't
know what to say as any response I might make will unduly fan flames
from coals that best lie unrekindled..

Keith

--
{           For the latest on the 1270/870/875DC Orange-Shift
Issue          }