Re: Reply-to address

Katharine Thayer wrote:

> By trying to reply to my own message, I found that it is indeed the
> case: "reply-to"  does bring up my email address instead of the list's
> address. As I said, I don't have any idea why that is, but it does
> explain some odd interactions I've had with people who apparently
> thought I'd deliberately set it up so that any replies to anything I say
> on the list come to me privately rather than to the list. That is not my
> wish, and I hope that people replying to my posts in future will paste
> the list address into the address box so that everyone gets the full
> discussion. And if anyone has an idea how to change this in Eudora Lite,
> without changing my basic mail preferences,  let me know.

It's not you...

Nor me..

Strangely, the way the list mailer is sending our messages has changed..

There is no "Reply To" line anymore...

it used to say in the headers for example:

"From:
        "Gordon J. Holtslander" <holtsg@duke.usask.ca>
      To:
        alt-photo-process-l@usask.ca"

now, the same message would say

"From:
        "Gordon J. Holtslander" <holtsg@duke.usask.ca>
      To:
        alt-photo-process-l@usask.ca"

in the header.

What that means, is that all our e-mail replies are going to go directly to the
sender instead of to the list, when you choose to reply...

I may not do the best photo work, but this I do understand... Why the list mailer
has changed is another thing entirely..

Help Gord!

Keith

--
{           For the latest on the 1270/870/875DC Orange-Shift Issue          }
{                 Head to http://www.p-o-v-image.com/epson/    or            }