Re: Censorship issues

>>In the 2000 MFA exhibit @ Fort Mason, a public pier, some of our
students
>>created work that bordered upon the scatological. One example was a
large
>>video of close-up of fellatio w/red lips, red dildoe and liquids. This
>>desensitized most who have been sensitized to Art and ultimately
disturbed
>>many while always calling into question "what the heck is Art?"

The million lawsuit question - What is Art? Well, I have my own ideas
which might not agree with your ideas. I am glad I do not have to decide.
As for the above described example, it was at a Public Pier, and unlike a
gallery which may or may not be a public place - depending upon one's
view and interpretation, is a different.
situation. There are things I do not want to view, and the above example
is certainly one of them.

Here is a question for everyone: does the way something is displayed
change its legal status? For example, the above images can most likely be
found in any seriously adult magazine. I think it is safe to say that
most reasonable people would look at some of these Adult Magazines and
could call them Pornography.

If displayed in an art setting, you might not call it porn. It can be the
same image.

Bob