Cactus Cowboy Introduction

From: Cactus Cowboy (photo@wir.net)
Date: 09/06/00-09:16:32 PM Z

Greetings fellow photoholics,

My name is Dave Rose, AKA Cactus Cowboy. I'm a 43 year old resident of
Powell, Wyoming. Married, no kids. We live on ten acres of desert, just
north of the Shoshone River, in the Bighorn Basin.

I'm a 1984 graduate of Colorado Mountain College, with an AAS in commercial
photography. Following graduation, I worked for four years as a commercial
photographer, doing mostly 4x5 tabletop work in Northern New Jersey. Since
1989, I've pursued a career in sales, active in graphic arts, publishing,
and more recently instrumentation.

During the mid 80's to mid 90's, I exhibited in group and solo shows in NJ
and NY - primarily large format B&W and Cibachrome nature studies: rocks,
trees, etc... In the early 90's I got into Cyanotype and Gum, and
combination Cyanogum prints.

I haven't had a decent darkroom setup in the past five years, but I have a
'dream darkroom' built into our new house. I'll get it going as soon as the
cold weather arrives and I can no longer tolerate spending every spare hour
landscaping my property. I plan to dust off the 4x5, develop some B&W, make
some gum prints, and have fun.

After a week or so of lurking, I've got a good feel for this group. I hope
to make some contributions, elicit your collective wisdom, and enjoy
discussion about photography.

Best regards,
Cactus Cowboy
Big Wonderful Wyoming