Re: Three-color gum prints

From: Cactus Cowboy (photo@wir.net)
Date: 09/06/00-10:00:35 PM Z

What exactly will you get from processing E-6 film in C-41? A 'color neg.
without the orange mask (hopefully)? Can you rely on the color being
accurate? The big disadvantage I see from this approach is the radically
increased exposure time onto your gum emulsion (due to filters sandwiched
with the negative).

I have made full color gum prints. I either shoot transparency film and
make enlarged color separations in the darkroom, or, assuming a stationary
subject, shoot in-camera separation negatives on 4x5, contact print
interpositives, and enlarge onto 11x14 or 16x20 lith film developed in
low-contrast Beers developer.

It's been a few years since I've printed gum. Is anybody out there making
color seps on a computer, and printing onto clear film in a laser printer?
Is this feasible, or am I only dreaming?

Cactus Cowboy
Big Wonderful Wyoming