Re: Pyro.

From: Sarah Van Keuren (svk@steuber.com)
Date: 09/26/00-09:10:48 PM Z

> Please, can someone tell me what is the difference between Sodium Bisulfite
> and Sodium Metabisulfite?Iam about to make a batch of pyro which calls for
> the former, but I can only find the latter. What should I do?
>
>>Regards
>
> Cecil.

I have been told that they are interchangeable, at least for the purpose I
use them for which is to eliminate the brown underprinting of overexposed
gum bichromate when it does not contribute to the image.

Along the same lines, I read recently in a manuscript that sodium sulfite
can clear a gum print the same as sodium bisulfite or sodium metabisulfite.
I haven't had a chance to try this yet. Does anyone know if this is true?

Sarah