Bromine

From: Jack Fulton (jefulton1@home.com)
Date: 09/28/00-08:41:57 AM Z

"Have you smelled Bromine? It might be as dangerous as mercury."

Was the question Š I use bromine AND chlorine in my hot tub (spa) @ home.
Also used is potash or sodium carbonate. So, each evening I pour a glass of
red wine containing sulfites (sulphites) and step into a bromine spa tinged
with chlorine and squat down to the 103º circulating bubbly warmth of a
sodium carbonate balanced environment.

 You can see, hopefully, that I'm joking to the degree that some of the
chemicals we use in our alt. pH. work are not dangerous. Bromine is one of
the major components of seawater at about 60 ppm. Perhaps in a highly
concentrated form it can harm one.