Re: Bromine

From: Robert W. Schramm (schrammrus@hotmail.com)
Date: 09/28/00-12:49:28 PM Z

Jack,

Liquid bromine is used to make the quickstuff to fume dag plates.
It is very dangerous in this state and is perhaps as dangerous as
mercury vapor. In the very tiny amounts in your spa water in a state
of great dillution, it is harmless.

When you get right down to it isn't virtually every element present
in minute amounts in seawater? Water, H2O, the universal solvent
the alchemists were looking for was right there in front of their
noses.

Also the air we breath contains all sorts of stuff. I did my reasearch
on natural (radioactive) fallout which is mostly due to the uranium
series, one component of which is radon, a gas. I learned many interesting
things, such as, if you live in a brick building, you
breath in more radon than if you live in a wood building, and, after
a rain or snow, the amount of radon in the air drops dramatically.
We would use a machine to draw large amounts of air through a filter
paper and then stuff the filter paper into a gamma spectrometer
to detect what radioactive elements were present. Once I examined
one of the filter with a high power microscope. You wouldn't believe
what I saw. For example, itsy bitsy insects and spiders, salt crystals, tiny
metallic particles and carbon particles. It was scary.

I wonder what we could find in your spa water?

;-)

Bob Schramm