FW: Links to alt-photo websites

From: Gerard NIEMETZKY (gerard@atxstudio.com)
Date: 09/29/00-10:47:54 AM Z

--
Gerard Niemetzky
http://www.atxstudio.com

---------- From: Gerard NIEMETZKY <gerard@atxstudio.com> Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2000 09:02:01 -0400 To: <editor@p-o-v-image.com> Subject: Re: Links to alt-photo websites

To be precise Giclee is a french word meaning Spurt of liquid, used. in US (not in France) to qualify Ink-Jet prints made with a printer using a specific technology. Chosen at the origin (1990?) for the prints made with an Iris printer, spraying ink onto the paper wrapped on a rotating drum. The only other printer using this technique is the Colorspan Giclee Printmaker. Today, the name Giclee tends to be misused for all kind of fine art prints made with any inkjet printer.

Best regards -- Gerard Niemetzky http://www.atxstudio.com

From: "Editor P.O.V. Image Service" <editor@p-o-v-image.com> Organization: Persistence of Vision Image Service Reply-To: editor@p-o-v-image.com Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2000 01:59:11 -0400 To: alt-photo-process-l@sask.usask.ca Subject: Re: Links to alt-photo websites

Cactus Cowboy wrote:

> > 2. "Morning on Phobos (giclee print)". What is a giclee print? (BTW- my > spellchecker wants to change this word to "girlie" - naughty computer!) > >

A giclee print is a digital print... (albeit a high quality one that is more archival than most)

Keith

-- { For the latest on the 1270/870/875DC Orange-Shift Issue } { Head to http://www.p-o-v-image.com/epson/ or } { The EPSONx7x_Printers List http://www.egroups.com/group/EPSONx7x_Printers ) { The P.O.V. Image Service Website is still at http://www.p-o-v-image.com/ }