Re: Bromine

From: Jack Fulton (jefulton1@home.com)
Date: 09/29/00-10:43:04 AM Z

Bob
I am sure my spa water is rather messy in the long run. Of course we toss in
various other chemicals to filter the obvious material out.

Now Š about liquid bromine to fume dag plates Š I most likely ought to be
writing you privately as this post may well be not "alt. ph" but how easy is
it to obtain liquid bromine? Most of what we normally purchase is not that
way Š in that form.

Maybe I didn't read the post I responded to correctly as indeed many of the
chemicals we use need to be carefully used I didn't mean to imply to be
careless.

At school, we just had our annual lecture on art hazards from Monona Rossol
of NYC who publishes an excellent book, "The Artist's Complete Health &
Safety Guide" (Allworth Press. $20, 800/491.2808) and she, scared the
dickens out of everyone to say the least.
If dinky bugs are in your gathered samples, well, they are virtually
everywhere: on our body, 2nd hand cigarettes smoke, deisel fuel particles
etc.

But, I get your point Š we always have to be careful. I should've emphasized
@ the end of my post that in the concentrated form, bromine is INDEED
dangerous.

Cheers
Jack