Re: to mat or not..

>From: "Rosae Reeder" <erzolisae40@hotmail.com>

> Every thing we do is or should be based on our personal likes and
> dislikes. If you want brush marks, go for it., If you mat your images -
> Good for you. Do what you want to do. As soon as you cater to some silly
> notion "Well, the Pros do it this way ..." then you are not creating work
> to your likes - you are following a train.

I am reminded of a set of definitions I heard a number of years ago in a
"motivational speech" by Al Maquire, former coach of Marquett University
basketball team.  By the way, most of the t's are silent.

An amateur is one who don't know and don't know he don't know.

A semi-professional is one who don't know and know he don't know.

A professional is one who know and know he know.

I would expect anyone who says "well, the pros do it this way..." to be an
amateur.

On another subject, I've had an Epson 1270 for over a year now, with prints
hanging on the walls, unprotected, no glass, no plexiglass, no spray for
most of the year.  I can't say that they have not faded, but there certainly
is no color balance problem.  They are printed on a variety of inkjet-coated
art papers, not Epson gloss.

Alan