Re: did I overdevelop?

>I am trying to work out some times for developing negatives  for palladium
>and cyanotype printing. I just measured a negative that I processed for 14
>minutes in D-76.  It's Tri-X, shot at 250.  The density range was 1.55,
>about what I wanted, but the overall density seems high:  the useful
>shadows were at about .85, and the highlights were at 2.4 (zone VII or
>VIII).  Did I overdevelop?
>
>--shannon

Shannon,

No. You did not over develop. You over exposed instead. Remember that
when you change development (for increased density range, for
example) you need to change (in this case cut back) exposure as well.
Unfortunately the Zone System doesn't tell you how much to change.
Only Beyond the Zone System (Phil Davis' system) tells you exactly
how much.

Sam