Re: did I overdevelop?

 Sam wrote:
>No. You did not over develop. You over exposed instead. Remember that
>when you change development (for increased density range, for
>example) you need to change (in this case cut back) exposure as well.

I was going by the guidelines in Dick Arentz's book, which says that if the
subject brightness range is 7, to expose Tri-X at 250.  I have calibrated
my camera, and I know that that lens shutter speed is accurate, so that
normally, when making a negative for silver printing, I shoot Tri-X at 400.
Also when shooting color film I can use the manufacturer's film speed.
So, I assumed that I could use Arendt's times in the appendix of his book.
I wonder if that was a wrong assumption?  I was thinking of trying again
and cutting back on the development time by about 20%.  His development
times were for tray development, and I was using a daylight tank.

--shannon