Re: correction Re: a lot of over-exposed negatives: what to do?

On Tue, 17 Apr 2001, Richard Knoppow wrote:

>   According to the "book" Farmer's has a somewhat different effect when the
> bleach and hypo are mixed than when bleaching and fixing are done separately.

Which "book," there are by last count 5,327... of which 5,322 have copied
from each other.

>   Kodak says that when the two steps are separate the reducer reduces
> contrast. When the two parts are combined it cuts shadow areas (effectively
> increasing contrast).

Oh, Kodak... so which Kodak book?

>   Have you tested this and if so is it consistent with your results?
> ----

But you've got me -- I did NOT test every variation and possibility... I
probably took the formula from Photographic Facts and Formulas... about 10
years ago.  Frankly I don't recall distinction between types... But there
was a big play everywhere (I had checked several sources) on distinction
between *concentrations.* When I found that to be invalid  (for my
purposes) I stopped.

PS. It just goes to show, testing depends on what you're testing for.

Judy