Von: Manuel
Gesendet: Montag, 23. April 2001 02:08
Betreff: Re: Harald Leban is back

Dear Harald,

I'm very pleased to hear news from  you.
Your name is very familiar  to me from books ,and from..... the Rollo-Pyro bottle I've ordered from Lotus View Camera :-).
I hope to attend your workshop in August  and to learn more about  Pyro and Platinum-Palladium.
I've made  my first platinum print two years ago,  and almost everything I learned afterwards was from  trial and error, plus all the  literature and magazines  I could get.

To be honest I don't know anyone  here in Portugal to exchange experiences about this  matter, and  as you can imagine apart from the impossibility to get most of necessary chemistry ingredients and paper  near home, make   this mission sometimes   rather difficult.
I think that this does not only  applies  to this country  but for Europe in general.
Where are the european Platinum printers  and Pyro enthusiasts ?  99% of the information and resources I get are from  USA.  I 'm sure that if was not their market potential almost  all large format  related products would be discontinued.
My only hope is  that  the growing interest in traditional  photographic  processes will get  stronger  and stronger in USA , Europe and  in rest of the world .

Best regards from Portugal

Manuel Gomes Teixeira
Punctum Studios Ltd
Portugal

Hello from Austria,
after a nearly ONE-year absence from this list I have subscribed it again to hear some good news about Pyro-developing, Platinum/Palladium and Gold-Printing etc.. - from good old and hopefully new friends.

How do you feel the regular high prices of Palladium metal ?

For  a portfolio of Platinum prints I am looking for the right paper and don´t want to test them all.
Somebody out there who knows a good paper which should be available on the European market with equal characteristics (weight, surface) like the Cranes Kid  Paper ? I had great success with this paper in the past.

Thank you in advance

Harald

Harald Leban
hleban@telering.at