Platinum/Palladium question

Hello list,

I'm hoping that someone will answer a very basic question for me, for
which I cannot find an answer.  I have some rather large crystals
that have formed in my developer, potassium oxalate, and I'm pretty
sure that I don't want them there.   I'm sure that this problem was
covered in the platinum workshop that I took; it was very through,
but if it was, I don't remember what to do about it.  Anyway, I'd
appreciate any advice on how to 'fix' my developers.

Also, can anyone tell me how long hypo-clear will last after it's
been mixed?  Thanks in advance, for any help!

Tori