Re: salted paper and Arches Platine

Joe,

you mention in your salt printing manual that starch would give warmer
tones than gelatine - as it is noted in Reilly and elsehere in the
literature.

I have made a print on my usual salt paper (Fab. Artistico) which I had
salted with a corn starch solution - normally I do not size this paper at
all, neither do I use gelatine in the salting solution - the heavy sizing
of this paper seems to be adequate for salt). I was after those warmer
colours, but I could see no difference in colour to a salting solution
without addition.

What might have been wrong, how much colour difference is to be expected?

Lukas