Re: Advice sought on Epson Printers

From: Patrick (patrick@chronopsis.com)
Date: 12/03/01-06:13:31 PM Z

I've been using a 1200 with two "continuous inking systems" from
NoMoreCarts.com. One set has grayscale inks and one color, both from
MIS supply, and both claimed to be archival. I use the gray inks for
finished prints as well as for paper negatives for cyanotypes. The
inking systems make switching from B&W to color quite painless, and
keeps the ink costs way down. I'm pretty sure the 1280 can use such
an inking system. I also have a 2000p up in my office at school, and
the prints are very nice (i.e., near flawless), but with the 2000p I
believe you're stuck with Epson inks, at least for now.

P.