uv ballast ground, yes

From: Jeff Foster (jfoster@uclink.berkeley.edu)
Date: 12/11/01-11:10:47 AM Z

so last night I went down to my shop and hooked up a ground wire to all
three ballast (via the screw holding them to the wood top) and then to
the ground on the ac cord. bingo - no delayed start and no flicker!
very cool solutions. I looked closely at the wiring schematic on the
ballast label and it does show a little ground
symbol leading from the case...hmmm.

thanks to all who supplied insight - now on to printing ( banding test -
even with the inverse square law for light fall off....)

I think next time an old dovetailed dresser draw would make a nice
box to start with...wiring the easy part. the wood work is harder.

--
---
Jeff Foster - SDA UNIX