Re: registering paper negatives

From: Judy Seigel (jseigel@panix.com)
Date: 02/02/01-09:47:40 PM Z

On Fri, 2 Feb 2001 FotoDave@aol.com wrote:

> Basically what I am trying to suggest is if we have black border on our final
> negative (as I normally do because I use bladed easel for my positive so the
> positive has clear border so the negative has black border), I can punch a
> few holes on the borders of final negative, and these holes would make nice
> registration holes when printed. Since the paper negative does not have black

Well, actually I've done that -- still don't like registering from the
edges -- AND if I have to leave part of the negative clear means I have to
reduce size of the image, which I'm always trying to make BIGGER. Also, I
promise, anything taped on in this house by any method sort of
hand-of-god makes a mess -- sticky ooze wherever and the more cuts and
holes more places to ooze! (My impression is you're a neater worker than I
am. Or materials respect you more.)

Obviously, I may have to learn new work habits to use certain negs -- but
the trade off looks ; - (((

Judy