Re: preshrink was register p/negs

From: Dave Rose (photo@wir.net)
Date: 02/05/01-08:02:34 AM Z

Pete wrote:

(snip)
> So Dave if you gave your paper this pre shrink treatment firstly ,you
would
> not need your paper size adjustment technique with the possible risk of
pigment
> staining.

Prior to the first printing, my paper is soaked in water and dried
(pre-shrink treatment), dipped twice in a Knox gelatin solution and dried
(sizing), and dipped once into formaldehyde and dried (hardening). The
problem is due to changes in relative humidity, and is unrelated to any
pre-shrink treatment.

Best regards,
Dave Rose
Powell, Wyoming