Re: Pyro shelf life?

From: nze christian (christian_nze@hotmail.com)
Date: 02/11/01-04:23:09 PM Z

Darryl,

The matter come from the B solution. I already have this problem and I think
the B loose some activity with time. I made 5 liter of PMk A 5 years ago and
I go on using them for PMk or to make other pyro dev( pyro is already
dilute) The solution is quite yellow amber, but it is really active.
If you don't use PMK oftne it is better to use dry B solution, in fact you
just need to put 6 gm of sodium metaborate by liter of water. dissolve the
sodium metaborate and add the PMK A as you ever done before. you will get a
full streght pyro dev.

regards
Amicalement

Nzé Christian