Re: Collodion Journal & Home Depot

From: Mac Legrandi (juicebox@my-deja.com)
Date: 02/16/01-06:40:53 PM Z

('binary' encoding is not supported, stored as-is) >My death wish is probably no stronger than the next person's, well who can
>say, but I want it for something else -- NOT on glass. I'm even imagining
>a trip to home depot, but THAT bad death wish not yet.

Hi Judy!

I'd like to know what you or anyone finds at the DEPOT. Name price etc. I think there is a lot of room to experiment here. For me I'm not looking for the perfect picture, but to experiment with diffeent alt. processes. I'm considering coating glass and sensitizing it with Silver Nitrate, exposing in camera, then see if a develop, bleach, fog redevelop can be used to make one of a kind positives. Since this will work with conventional film and paper think it could work with this system. Any input from the chemistry side of the list? Will this work?

i can imagine 11x14 hand coated glass plates with positive images.

>I'd suggest starting with Osterman's book, because that's more how-to than
>the journal which, charming as it is, adds the bells and whistles, rarely
>the basics.

What is the name of the Osterman book?

I think I missed a message.

Mac