Wet plate photography

From: MICHAEL STEINLE (mikad@worldnet.att.net)
Date: 02/16/01-07:16:43 PM Z

The resurgence of wet plate photography began in 1955 with the
experimentations of George Berkhofer and a friend while they where in high
school. They continued to dabble with wet plate photography for a number of
years. John Coffer of Dundee New York has continually been practicing wet
plate for approximately twenty years. I'm not sure when they began, but
France and Mark Osterman have probably done more to bring wet plate
collodion photography to the attention of people today than anyone. I think
they have been practicing for at least ten to twelve years. The wet plate
method had been in use up until the 1940's by the graphic arts industry.