Re: cyanotypes

From: Randall Webb (randall.webb@lineone.net)
Date: 02/25/01-02:48:36 PM Z

----- Original Message -----
From: Judy Seigel <jseigel@panix.com>
To: <alt-photo-process-l@skyway.usask.ca>
Sent: Saturday, February 24, 2001 9:26 PM
Subject: Re: cyanotypes

> On Sat, 24 Feb 2001, shannon stoney wrote:
> > .... Issue 5 of
> > Post-Factory has some instructions--maybe that's all I need?
>
> Shannon, I hope this doesn't come across as, um, arrogant -- but
> that's all there is, there isn't any more.
>
> Nor have I seen any extant book (& I think I've seen them all) with as
> much, and that's even COUNTING the error & nonsense as if it were info
> (for instance Langford who says cyanotype isn't archival because you can't
> FIX it !!!!!!!, tho I seem to recall that as only one page, mercifully.)

There appears to be a quite thorough account of cyanotypes including
printing on fabric etc. in a book " Spirits of Salts" published by Aurum
Press London. Also a cyanotype neg will go on pd/pt if you use the right
method. As for archival qualities if Anna Atkinsons prints made in the
1840's are still fresh then suely that is proof enough!. Who is Langford?
The only one I know is Michael Langford from the Royal College of Art in
London and he wasn't an alt.proc man.
Randall Webb