RE: mordancage web address

From: Jonathan Bailey (quryhous@midcoast.com)
Date: 02/25/01-12:25:41 PM Z

Eric-

You wrote:
> There seems to be only scant information on-line about the mordancage
> process. Is it under copyright, or just so recently developed that few
> people are doing it? One of the sites I have found referring to it makes
> reference to the explosive (?) nature of 30% hydrogen peroxide - anybody
> know anything more about this chemical?

This process has indeed been shrouded in a fair amount of secrecy - it's few
practitioners have, for one reason or another, been reluctant to share any
particulars about their use of it. I speculate that this is because its
"inventor," Jean-Pierre Sudre, while a passionate teacher and much revered,
was extremely reticent to share information outside of formal workshop
settings.

I have posted process notes and some background about mordancage, and you
will find this in the archives. It was while searching the archives of this
list that Elizabeth Opalenik recently came across my postings and contacted
me about her website.

As for the H202 - I am actually using 40 volume, and it's easily obtainable
from hair styling salons, and quite inexpensive this way. It *is* pretty
serious stuff - as is the copper chloride its mixed with. Care and good
gloves are a must! I don't recommend storing strong H2O2 anyplace where
temps get too high - it can be a problem. I store mine in the basement - on
a concrete floor, just in case....

While I do not claim to anything like an expert in mordancage, I include it
in my toning workshops. It's a wonderful and fascinating process which can
render remarkable results. I will soon be making a formal announcement to
the group about my summer workshop schedule should this be of interest.

Good luck-

Jon Bailey