Re: Large negatives for gum printing

From: Judy Seigel (jseigel@panix.com)
Date: 02/28/01-09:09:15 PM Z

On Wed, 28 Feb 2001, Eirik Berger wrote:
> .... I have scanned my images and printed
> them on transparent film in wanted size (Epson 1270). This works pretty
> well, but I guess it is considered cheating.

Um, excuse me, Eiric. Could you explain why that's *cheating*? That's
what half the world's gum printers are trying to do !!! What "transparent
film" did you use?

> If I want to enlarge my negatives in my enlarger (up to 50 x 60 cm), which
> kind of film should I use?
> I would prefer an orthocromatic film.

Freestyle (from US, but has website) sells lith film that's orthochromatic
that makes a pretty fair continuous tone negative in dilute developer.

Judy