first kallitype

From: Judy Seigel (jseigel@panix.com)
Date: 01/01/01-10:02:57 PM Z

> > On Mon, 1 Jan 2001, Rod Fleming wrote:
> >
> > > I was quite amused to hear Randy Webb questioning Richard Farber's
> > > authority on DOP Kallitype.

I asked ....

> > Why *DOP* kallitype? Is there another kind?
> >
> > J.

Fleming replied:

> Ah.
>
> I see you have not read the book in question.
>
> How silly of me to assume that you might have.
>
> R.

Sigh.

How silly of me to imagine Rod Fleming might have a civil reply to a civil
question. My mistake -- once toxic, always toxic, I suppose -- or trying
to be. The above is meaningless (if I'd read the book I wouldn't have
asked, & if we'd all read the book, this would be a different discussion).
But he seizes the (apparently naive) question as pretext for some kind of
sneer.

I suppose it would also be naive to assume he has read (or cares for)
list rules about courteous behavior. He's been ugly twice, to two
different people, in the very first day of the new millennium. Like a
child pressing the limits to see just how far he can go, getting away with
that (as he did several times last year), then pushing a little harder,
and so forth.

Don't worry folks, I won't do flame war with this fellow... he always has
last word anyway. But I suggest that this kind of behavior is NOT good
for the list, or for alt photo, for knowledge, life, or anything except
the sick satisfaction of a fellow with personality problems.

Sorry, I can't help everybody....

Judy