Pd clearing

From: Istvan Bibo (bibo969@hotmail.com)
Date: 01/04/01-05:32:34 AM Z

Hi, List Members

I have a seemingly unremovable yellow stain in my recent zia prints. The
EDTA+ sodium sulfite clearing bath used to work perfectly so far. In this
case I tried quite strong HCl solution (around 5%)which removed the overall
yellow stain but the stronger yellow spots became even appearent (brownish).
Can it be iron hydroxide which is, according to Mike Ware, unremovable?

Some parameters: Standard LiPd sulution (freshly mixed)+Ammonium Ferric
Oxalate
Humidity:50-65% range
developer: Sodium acetate

Any ideas on the causes and remedies are welcome.

The best to everyone

Istvan