Re: Pd clearing

From: Jeffrey D. Mathias (jeffrey.d.mathias@worldnet.att.net)
Date: 01/04/01-06:20:34 AM Z

Istvan Bibo wrote:
> I have a seemingly unremovable yellow stain in my recent zia prints. The
> EDTA+ sodium sulfite clearing bath used to work perfectly so far. In this
> case I tried quite strong HCl solution (around 5%)which removed the overall
> yellow stain but the stronger yellow spots became even appearent (brownish).
> Can it be iron hydroxide which is, according to Mike Ware, unremovable?
>
> Some parameters: Standard LiPd sulution (freshly mixed)+Ammonium Ferric
> Oxalate
> Humidity:50-65% range
> developer: Sodium acetate
>
> Any ideas on the causes and remedies are welcome.

What paper is used and why are you using sodium acetate for developer?
Do you have a reason for using this developer for what should be a POP
process?

The stain might be from lack of clearing, fogging, or chemical
contamination.
A complete procedure for determining clearing can be found in my guide
at web site link below.

--
Jeffrey D. Mathias
http://home.att.net/~jeffrey.d.mathias/