b/w negatives from Daylab slide printer

From: Marek Uliasz (uliasz@frii.com)
Date: 01/17/01-10:35:20 AM Z

I am currious if anybody has experience with exposing b/w negative film
using color slides in a Daylab slide printer. I am interested in both
4x5 and 8x10 format.

I just started with 4x5 using Polaroid positive/negative film (type 55)
and Polaroid film holder. Apparently, focusing in Daylab may be quite
frustrating. This problem is not so obvious when I am making Polaroid
image transfers which are somewhat soft by nature.

Concerning 8x10 there is no positive/negative film or any ready loads
for 8x10 Polaroid film holder. A regular 8x10 film holder doesn't fit
into Daylab but I think it can work with just a slight modification.

I understand that there are other problems here in addition to using
Daylab as an exposure unit:
- a general problem of projecting color slides on b/w negative film
- a choice of b/w negative film, suitability of Polaroid P/N 55 for
diferent processes

Currently, I am working mostly with Polaroid image transfers.
I also maintain Polaroid transfer and manipulation resources:
http://www.frii.com/~uliasz/photoart/polaroid/
with a small discussion forum.

I am slowly moving to other alternative processes (POP - just for the
start with a homemade light box - super-actinic tubes).

Marek Uliasz
http://www.frii.com/~uliasz/photoart