Blueprints

From: Bill Collins (photo@intrex.net)
Date: 01/17/01-03:00:57 PM Z

I showed a friend some cyanotypes recently and commented that the process was similar to the blueprint process used to copy engineering drawings before really large xerox machines became common. After I said this, I realized that I didn't really know much about the blueprint process. Is it useful for printing continuous tone images?

Note that the blueprint process that I am refering to produces a POSITIVE image and the development process involves ammonia. This is different than the cyanotype which produces negative images and is developed (ok, maybe cleared) in water.

Bill