Re: b/w negatives from Daylab slide printer

From: Pam Niedermayer (pam_pine@cape.com)
Date: 01/17/01-06:01:02 PM Z

I haven't got a Daylab at this point, still thinking about it since
the only film handled is 35mm or 120. Couple of comments that may help follow:

Marek Uliasz wrote:

> I am currious if anybody has experience with exposing b/w negative film
> using color slides in a Daylab slide printer. I am interested in both
> 4x5 and 8x10 format.
>
> Concerning 8x10 there is no positive/negative film or any ready loads
> for 8x10 Polaroid film holder. A regular 8x10 film holder doesn't fit
> into Daylab but I think it can work with just a slight modification.

I think you'll need the special Polaroid 8x10 film holder or a 545
holder/processor for 4x5. Not sure what you mean by "ready loads", the
Polaroid film is peel apart. You also may need a separate 8x10
processing unit if the Daylab doesn't include the appropriate rollers.

> I understand that there are other problems here in addition to using
> Daylab as an exposure unit:
> - a general problem of projecting color slides on b/w negative film
> - a choice of b/w negative film, suitability of Polaroid P/N 55 for
> diferent processes

I don't know why there would be problems projecting color slides onto
T55; but you could project onto color 4x5 or 8x10.

Given the limited choices of film size to enlarge (e.g. I'd like to
enlarge 4x5 onto 8x10, perhaps contact print 8x10), I've almost
decided that it will probably be easier to just rephotograph using a
4x5 or 8x10 camera.

Pam

--
Pamela G. Niedermayer