Arista/Illford v. TriX

CMPatti@aol.com
Date: 01/20/01-03:22:26 PM Z

I've been using TXT developed in HC110B to make negatives for the Sullivan
Palladium POP method (don't want to use the Z-word). I'm quite satisfied
with the combination and have determined a range of development times that
allows me to get good, long-scale negatives needed for this process.
Although I'd normally be inclined to stick with a good thing, I'm very
tempted to try the Arista 400 speed film (which I understand is HP5 plus in
disguise) because of its attractive price. I would hope to be able to
continue using HC110, which I like for its convenience. I've heard, however,
that HP5 doesn't lend itself as well as TXT to pt/pd. Does anyone have any
advice about making this switch? Thanks,

Chris Patti