Re: Arista/Illford v. TriX

From: Wisbl (isabella32@earthlink.net)
Date: 01/19/01-06:54:50 AM Z

A while back, Linda Connor told me how she processed her negatives for
POP printing. TXT in HC-110 diluted 1:10, for 6 minutes. This works
wonderfully. I develop negatives for several platinum printers in the
Bay area and this is what I use for their negatives (assuming they rate
the film at EI 320). Some of the photographers are a little less than
exacting about their metering so I sometimes have to pull back
development a little, but never go less than 5 minutes. I have to admit
that it is not very scientific (the only curves I pay attention to have
nothing to do with film) but it works for me (and them). I myself use it
and get great contrast, seemingly ideal for pt/pd and pop, although
sometimes my POP exposures can stretch across a sunny afternoon (as do
Linda's). Hope this helps someone.

William