Calibrating a Hygrometer

From: George Huczek (ghuczek@sk.sympatico.ca)
Date: 01/21/01-12:29:45 PM Z

A few weeks ago there was a discussion on how to calibrate an instrument to
measure relative humidity.

I just got a sensitive hydrometer and need to calibrate it. I will be
using the technique shown on this science website for kids:

<http://www.miamisci.org/hurricane/psychrometer.html>

instructors, for alt processing classes, see also :
<http://ericir.syr.edu/Virtual/Lessons/Science/Physical/PHY0007.html>

It's really easy to do, if you have a few darkroom thermometers and a fan
which blows cold air. Just thought I'd pass it along to save some of you
the trouble of making lithium chloride slurries ;) All you do is make a
psychrometer. The instructions on the website allows you to determine the
RH% very quickly.