Re: Gum arabic with Cyanotype emulsion

From: Lukas Werth (lukas.werth@rz.hu-berlin.de)
Date: 01/25/01-04:53:44 AM Z

At 22:50 24.01.01 -0500, you wrote:
>Lukas,
>

>> With Chrysotypes, some gum in the senistizer goes a long way to stop
>> bleeding. The sensitizer becomes somewhat opaque, but I could not find
>this
>> has any negative effect.
>
>Very interesting I'll save your e-mail for future reference. What % of gold
>are you using? I know little or nothing about Chrysotypes so please excuse
>my ignorance.
>
>Thanks,
>
>Don Bryant

I use the New Chrysotype process which was developed by Mike Ware. The gold
solution is, if memory serves me, 36 %.
Bleeding is a problem particularly with papers which are not sized with
gelatine (I often use Arches Platine). Another solution is, of course,
masking. But there may still be bleeding in areas of high contrast within
the image.

Lukas