Re: coating cyano

ewaldz@execpc.com
Date: 01/26/01-12:29:46 PM Z

Judy wrote:

> But what, pray tell, are you printing those desktop negatives on?
I've
> just gotten an inkjet running (also disappearing, VERY tricky
connection,
> and "I" is lie, installation courtesy of a friend), but preliminary
tests
> have not as yet provided useful negative material... I hadn't wanted
> wax plain paper -- looking for something more translucent, even
> transparent, because I re-register on light table. The waxed paper
exposes
> gum well and quickly, but too opaque visually -- almost impossible
to see
> through.
>
> Judy

Judy, the best material I have used to print desktop negatives on is
Pictorico OHP transparency film. This material has a special ceramic
coating which takes inkjet ink very well without a lot of dot gain
(bleeding). It also seems to dry very well.
Refer to:

http://www.pictorico.com/lproduct.asp?id=4

I learned of this material at a forum in which Dan Burkholder was a
speaker last fall. At that time, this was the best material Dan had
found as well.

Believe it or not, the best price I have found for this stuff has been
at amazon.com!

Good luck with your desktop negatives!

Dave Ewaldz