Re: film reticulation and lens website

FotoDave@aol.com
Date: 01/27/01-02:40:40 PM Z

<< The hardener can be undone by treating the film in a bath of carbonate,
 about 2% to 5% before trying to reticulate it. Dektol will work if you
 don't have carbonate. The alkaline bath makes the gelatin swell and undoes
 some of the cross-linking caused by the alum. >>

Does anyone know if we can unhardened the film using carbonate in the dark,
dry it, and then use it as normal? My interest is not actually in the film
but in paper. If we can pre-unharden the paper, and then use it normally, it
seems like we can use a lot of modern prehardened paper for bromoil use.

Maybe some bromoilists might be interested in some experiments? :-)

Dave S