Re: Creative Sunprinting

From: Randall Webb (randall.webb@lineone.net)
Date: 01/28/01-08:50:38 PM Z

----- Original Message -----
From: Peter Fredrik <pete@fotem.demon.co.uk>
To: <alt-photo-process-l@skyway.usask.ca>
Sent: Thursday, January 25, 2001 5:19 AM
Subject: Re: Creative Sunprinting

Peter wrote:

> Dear Judy , Diana, Richard,
>
> I am afraid ,I only have one copy myself, and cant help you all. If only I
> had bought a number on publication drat ! Be aware Judy salt a few dozen
> copies of PFP down in a vault for your grandchildren and great
> grandchildren !!
>
> When I read Richard's e-mail subject title clouds over Creative
> Sunprinting I immediately thought oh my god that mistake in the cyano
> formulae that has been haunting me for the last twenty years has come to
> light ! it is good to be off the hook at last.
>
> Creative sunprinting had a very stunted start to life suffering from a
> common disease amongst the literate known as publishers blight a seeming
> inability on thier part to understand what you are trying patiently to
tell
> them, going against all your advice for no apparent reason then they wish
> to do it that way . Thank heavens we have shining examples of
> good publishing such as for instance Randall's Webb's Spirits of Salts, to
> call upon
> > Pete>>>>>>>>>>>>

I think Peter should use copies of Creative Sunprinting as some sort of
currency. For example, one CS for 10 copies of later books on the subject.
The trouble is, where to find any copies. A former student of Peter's showed
me a copy years ago but now denies all knowledge of it. Now that is hoarding
on a grand scale. I should have boot-legged it when I had the chance.
I might also mention that when we started messing about with alt.processes
here many years ago, we only had two reliable sources of information
covering a range of processes. They were Keepers of Light and Creative
Sunprinting.
Randall Webb