re: desktop negatives

From: Tom Hawkins (tomehawk@ix.netcom.com)
Date: 01/29/01-03:38:16 PM Z

I've followed the 'desktop negatives' thread with interest.

Could someone please clarify: is anyone producing desktop digital negatives
for pt/pd printing that rival or exceed imagesetter quality? If so, what
system are you using?

>From the posts, I believe the answer would be' not quite yet'.

It sounds as though Dan Burkholder 's system is not completely resolved for
desktop use, or I have I misread the posts?

Thanks,

Tom