Choosing a printer

From: Juan Riera (jriera_@hotmail.com)
Date: 01/29/01-03:29:58 PM Z

Hello,
I am just coming to digital printing, and I am looking for a inkjet printer
that fits my needs.
These are: colour printing, archival inks, A3 max, high (highest)
definition, not much printing but only best work.
I have seen several Epson printers that fits in my price range target: 1160,
1200, 1270, 1520.

I have noticed several differences I am sure you can help me to correctly
assess:
- 1200 has a 6 ink printing system - żalways better that 4?
- 1270 has a microchip cartridge recognition, as the 2000P - does it prevent
for using ie Lyson inks?
- All them prints to 1440x720, but different ink injectors: 48 to 128 B&W,
3x48 to 5x48 colour - does it make a real difference between different ones?
- 1520 shows as a real CMYK - not the others?

Can - will you reccomend one of them? I am an old b&w and cibachrome
photographer recycled to digital. I am used to see good b&w photos, but not
a single colour photograph really appealing (I don't like ciba
medium/surface...), so I am exploring high quality colour printing.. with
limited budget!

Thank you in advance - I keep reading your postings and learning with it!

Regards,
Juan