Re: Slightly OT - Teaching

From: Sarah Van Keuren (svk@steuber.com)
Date: 01/30/01-09:21:34 PM Z

Printing-out-paper would be good to use. It gives a rich, nuanced rendition
of any kind of light resist and is available through the Chicago Albumen
Works: info@albumenworks.com. It can be exposed in the sun or by artificial
light and you don't even have to fix the image if no trays or water are
available. It is interesting to see how the images darken when exposed to
light after the intended exposure. Stephen Perloff, editor of the Photo
Review, years ago organized a show at the Philadelphia Art Alliance called
"Made to Fade" (or darken). I don't actually remember POP's being part of
the show but I'm sure there must have been some there. It stressed the
mutability of the stuff of life.

Sarah