Re: Choosing a printer

From: Robert W. Schramm (schrammrus@hotmail.com)
Date: 01/30/01-09:49:59 PM Z

Juan,

The photo printers all use 6 color inks. I work part-time as a photographer for a small college and am using a Mac G4. I have two printers attached. One is an Epson Photo 750 and the other is an Epson 2000. The 2000 is an archival printer. I am very pleased with it. Even though I have only had it a few months, I would recommend it highly. I get beautiful prints out of it up to the maxmium size of 13 x 19 inches. For archival work you must use their mat finish paper. Both the special paper and the ink cartridges are rather expensive but no where near as expensive as Ilfochrome and I can get the saturated colors of Ilfochrome. I use the 750 for photos for press releases and proofing and the 2000 for the stuff we want to hang on the wall.

Bob Schramm