Re: digital gum negatives

From: Katharine Thayer (kthayer@pacifier.com)
Date: 07/04/01-01:00:10 PM Z

Another thought: in my opinion it's not the resolution with those older
printers so much as the type of dot pattern that made the difference
between an acceptable and unacceptable negative for gum. It was the
stochastic dot in the Epson photo series that made the Stylus Photo the
first inkjet I was willing to use for gum negatives; before that I found
the screen pattern in inkjets objectionable and printed my negatives on
a 300 dpi laser printer; the key is I printed stochastic bitmaps rather
than using the regular dot pattern of the laser printer.
Katharine Thayer