Re: Gum Question

From: George Huczek (ghuczek@sk.sympatico.ca)
Date: 07/10/01-08:01:27 AM Z

At 03:53 PM 09/07/2001 +0000, you wrote:
>Hi George and all,
>
>Chromium oxide raises its green head again. [cut]
I'm surprised you got this much stain with
>potassium dichromate. The only time I've seen a stain like this was
>with ammonium dichromate seriously overexposed to direct sunlight.

The stain bled through to the back of the paper (Rives BFK), even though it
was sized by soaking in a tray. I have another suspicion that I may not
have added enough hardener to the gelatin. I used formalin, and only added
a few mL in 1 L of mixed gelatin.

 _
[o] -GH