Re: Digital Cameras

From: Carl Weese (cweese@earthlink.net)
Date: 07/17/01-07:18:14 PM Z

Sandy,

For copying negatives from a lightbox, be sure the camera you buy has true
manual settings, not just an over-ride of auto settings. The latter is
workable, but true direct manual settings are much better for copy work.
It's also nice to have real pc-cord flash sync for copying flat reflective
art with studio strobes. I don't know if those features are available at
$400. Be sure to look into whatever model has just been discontinued, if it
has the right features it will be a good deal.---Carl

--
        web site with picture galleries
        and workshop information at:

http://home.earthlink.net/~cweese/